Massed Ringing, Jason Krug
- Intonations of Praise, Krug, 3-6 octaves, Level 3, Beckenhorst HB 526
- Clarion Call, Michael Joy, 3-5 octaves, Level 2+, Choristers Guild, CGB 864
- Here I Am, Lord, Michael Helman, 3-6 octaves, Level 2+, Lorenz 201847L
- Risen Lord, Arnold Sherman, 3-6 octaves, Level 3+, Agape 2431
Advanced Ringing Track, Jason Krug
- Symphonia on Hyfrydol, Kevin McChesney, 3-5 octaves, Level 4, Jeffers JHS9300
- Compassion, Jason Krug, 3-5 octaves, Level 3, Beckenhorst, HB 382
- In Times and Places, Sandra Eithun, 3-5 octaves, Level 4, Alfred 45225
Intermediate Ringing Track, Greig Ashurst
- Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho, Martha Lynn Thompson, Level 2+ Agape 1880
- Celebratio!, Valerie Stephenson, 3-6 octaves, Level 3, Jeffers, JHS9274
- Steal Away, Robin Benton, 3-5 octaves, Level 2, From the Top 20483
All-Star Ringing Track , Mary Caldwell (application required to participate)
- Blue Tango, Cathy Moklebust, 3-7 octaves, Level 4, Choristers Guild CGB 936
- Dancing Queen, arr. Tervo/Mallory, Level 3+ Jeffers JHS 9505
Area 6 supports composers by complying with US Copyright Law. Photocopies are NOT allowed.
- General/Lent/Easter, led by Kelley Clegg Neal
- Advent/Christmas/Epiphany, led by Shane Kennedy
- Easy Music, led by Mary Caldwell
- Hard Music, led by Melissa Emerson
- Blues and Jazz, led by Sondra Tucker
You must attend ALL sessions of these tracks.
All-Star Ensemble, Mary Caldwell.
This track consisting of elite ringers prepares two songs (see repertoire) for performance on the final concert. Participants must apply for the All-Star Ensemble while completing the online festival registration. Successful applicants will be notified by the director.
Handbell Theater, Gary Bynum.
This class was such a success in 2015 that Gary was prevailed upon to lead it again. This group will perform on the final day of the festival.
“KNOWLEDGE IS POWER” CLASSES
These four classes focus on areas of musicianship, and combine fun with learning more about our craft. Becoming a better musician will make you a better ringer and director! Take all four, or just one – it’s up to you!
- Knowledge is Power: Music Reading, Mary Caldwell.
Step up your game and learn more about the music on the page.
- Knowledge is Power: Music Theory, Andrew Duncan.
This class will present an overview of “why do we do things that way”, and resources for further study and discussion.
- Knowledge is Power: Arranging, Sondra Tucker.
Learn the basics of adapting music to fit your needs and beyond. Due to time constraints, some work will be done ahead of time.
- Knowledge is Power: Conducting, Adam Philley.
Whether you’re new to conducting, or just want to brush up on your skills, this is the class for you. Work in a supportive environment on basic patterns, conducting dynamics, and cueing.
GREIG ASHURST CLASSES
- Malleting the Ashurst Way.
Learn tips and tricks for making your malleting smooth and professional from one of the great percussionists!
- Rhythmic Integrity: A Fresh Approach.
A good handbell ensemble becomes a great handbell ensemble when the intangibles of music start to come alive. The most fundamental element in a superior handbell performance is having great rhythm. This class will offer a fresh approach to learning and understanding rhythm and musical performances of challenging rhythms.
- Percussion Accessories: How To Play Them All.
Greig Ashurst presents all you need to know to perfect your technique playing all the “toys”.
STEVIE BERRYMAN CLASSES
- Handbells are a Handful of Fun!
Children and chimes go together like milk and cookies. Whether you are a seasoned director of young ones, or you are curious about starting a program from scratch, this class will equip you to become a handbell superhero. Class participation is expected in this fun, high-energy session.
- Crafting a Concert.
Learn proven strategies for concert planning that will take you from concept to curtain call. Get access to Stevie’s recipe for creative shows that will turn your audience into fans. You already know how to prepare your music; now learn how to stage a fully engaging performance!
GENERAL INTEREST CLASSES
Bass Bell Techniques, Shane Kennedy.
Learn to swing the big buckets safely and effectively. Learn to assign bass bells for more musical ringing.
Bells in Worship, Holly Eaton-Bradfield and Melissa Emerson.
This non-performing class examines innovative ideas to include ringing in your worship services.
Bell Trees, Martha Smith.
You love ‘em, now learn how do ring ‘em! Class size is limited – sign up early for a ringing spot! There is no restriction on auditing.
Chime In!, (TBA).
This popular class tells you all you need to know about using handchimes effectively and caring for the instruments.
Kelley’s Crazy Warmups, Kelley Clegg Neal.
What? You don’t warm up before ringing? Let Kelley make you a true believer.
Group Vocal Technique, Adam Philley.
So many of us also lead singing choirs. Adam will show you effective ways to make your choirs sing better!
Immediately Ring!, Kelley Clegg Neal.
It’s important for new groups to get a first performance under their belt. Kelley shows you how to accomplish that with confidence.
Memphis Music – Local Lecturer.
Memphis is famous for being Home of the Blues and Birthplace of Rock and Roll. Come hear how all that juicy music came to call the Bluff City home!
Rehearsal Planning and Execution, Melissa Emerson.
If you fail to plan, you should plan to fail. The devil is in the details. We know those adages, but we also know that well-planned rehearsals lead to more productive results.
Solo Ringing, Martha Smith.
For the novice or intermediate solo ringer, let Martha guide you through steps to make your music more beautiful.